Sunday, March 23, 2008

Starting Line

The old proverb about a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.  Well even though I have been on this journey for well over a thousand miles, I have decided to follow the footsteps of my family members (my brother-in-law's blog: greywolfswanderings.blogspot.com  and newphew's:  nesta106.wordpress.com) and start sharing thoughts while I continue on my journey.

I have followed my niece's family blog now for a past couple years  www.mushingdogs.com and after her husband Rick's successful completion of the Iditarod, I realized how much fun I had following their lives that maybe just someone might actually enjoy reading about a few of the things that I do.

This will become my outdoor pursuit diary since my wife, Ruth, and I are taking a mountaineering class starting in April, and this should give me a place to reflect upon what I learn while at the same time share the experiences as well as provide a visual through pictures. That is if I make it back to document that particular adventure.........ha!

At the same time, I am a trailrunner so this will allow me to write about some of my favorite places I like to visit throughout the week.

So onward ho!

Happy Trails!!!

No comments: